It looks like another 2 weeks have gone by. How does that happen? Feels like 2 days. My favorite phrase this last month or so has been: 'I can't keep up or catch up'. And it's good. I remember a time when I didn't have near enough on my plate and I didn't like the feeling at all. I was full-time slug, that was unmotivated and extremely unhappy. I do realize I'm much happier when I can barely keep my head above water. What is the famous phrase...if you want something done, give it to a busy person!
Well, after my last post, some definite changes happened. First of all, I've lost 5 lbs. A few recommendations from a friend and going back to a way of eating that worked for me after I had my second child and was trying to get back to my 'fighting weight'. I'm very happy and extremely motivated to continue down this path.
I ran my first 5K! I participated in the:
I placed 4th in my age group. There were about 11 women in my age group. I was amazed that my time was as bad as it was. I THOUGHT I had run faster than I did in my training runs but apparently I'm still learning how all this works. I do know I can run faster - I should have been a lot more fatigued at the end of the race than I was. But I did it. I plan on doing more and I WILL run faster next time.
This weekend, I'm doing my first century bike ride for American Diabetes Association.
I have successfully raised the money needed to participate. Our Team of Florida Freewheelers is about 11 riders. We will all do different distances, though I think there are 5 or 6 of us doing the 102 miles. I'm so excited to be a part of this event. I did it last year (54 miles) and loved it. I will be able to do what I love to do, and hang out with some awesome people. Plus, I will burn enough calories that I will be able to eat pretty much whatever I want that day. :-) See, that makes me a happy girl.
I'm trying to decide my next running and cycling events. I have a run in mind and my niece may join me in that one. That would be fun. Since she is over half my age I'm confident she will be watching me cross the finish line but having someone to chat with about the event will be a blast.
The music is still motivating. I've added quite a few different artists to my play list. We went to a Elton John concert this past weekend and it renewed the spark I've always had for his music. Wow, what a phenomenal talent he is. As my son has said many times, 'he definitely knows what he is doing'.
Here's to another great week of a mix of family, fun, and work.


No comments:
Post a Comment